Sunday, August 2, 2009

Tick Tock Tickkety-Tock

Time is winding down, my friends. Soon I will not live in Quincy, Illinois any longer. We are off to live in Springfield, Illinois, and DH and I both hope that we can stay there for a while. New Town, new house, new life.

I am beginning to feel a certain amount of Shock at the changes that are coming, and I know that the rest of this year is going to be filled with adapting to the life. For the first time since I graduated high school, my life will be ordered by a "regular schedule." Bill will work DAYS, M-F. I will be MAMA and Wife, and Theologian. We will have "Weekends" and summer vacation. I do not have much experience in this kind of life. It will be a learning curve.

I am a SAHM, a stay at home mother.

Weird.

I have not been very domestic in my marriage thus far, but I am trying to improve. For the new-to-us house we are buying a dishwasher, and I hope that this encourages me in my desires to be more domestic. I am learning to adjust to this new life and trying to shed that little bit of lingering guilt over all the things that my life 'could have been.'

So here's to the New [takes drink of water]. Just a few more weeks, and it will be a flurry of Family Retreat, packing, new job for DH, new house. And then settling in to being SAHM and Theologian - who starts and finishes her dissertation.

No comments:

Post a Comment