Monday, September 14, 2009

The Da Vinci Code

So I read Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code over the weekend. I know, it is shocking that I have not read it before now. I saw the movie twice, and the end when he kneels at the site of the Grail is truly breathtaking. Tom Hanks rocks, of course.

Astonishingly, the Movie stayed very close to the book in plot, vocabulary and style. But there was some tweaking. The movie seemed to remove all true culpability from Opus Dei, and there was nothing about its status as personal prelature of the Pope being rescinded. Yet, the movie made people entirely VERY curious about Opus Dei.

The movie seems to have made people considerably less curious about the role of women in church and society.

This got me to wondering. There are positions, jobs, ministries, etc. that both men and women are physically capable of doing but women are not allowed to do. Are there any that Men would be physically capable of doing but are not allowed? I can not think of any off the top of my head, but maybe one will come to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment