Monday, October 26, 2009

Newsflash: Weather Happens Every Day

Weather. It is what is going on outside your huts and houses even when nothing is going on. Sitting on the front porch swing, listening to the birdies chirping, all quiet. Just Weather.
Warm. Cool. Slight Breeze. Cloudy. Drizzly. Sunny. Blue Sky deep enough to make you cry. Purple clouds stacked towards heaven, throwing down vengeance and mystery, the air charged with anticipation. The life cycle powered by rains and sun, seeds on the wind. And sometimes death. Always weather.

I love the weather. I see the Spirit of God connecting us all.

So I just do not understand and in fact rather dislike it when people complain about the weather.

I do not expect anyone to shout Hooray for the Hurricane! Yay for Flooding!

But if it is sunny, someone complains it is hot, and if it is cloudy, someone complains that it is gloomy.

Why do rainy days have to be gloomy?? Why not relaxing? Quiet? And Joyful!! When it rains I can hear the plants singing, rejoicing in the nourishment that the water is and that the water brings with it as it trickles down to the roots and into the water table.

I don't mind small talk about the weather. And I am always interested in the way the weather affects our lives. But whining and complaining about the weather is strange and pointless.

Maybe it is just me, but when I step out my door, barring death, dying and destruction, I want to exclaim to anyone who will listen (and not kill me): Beautiful Day, is it not? Today, Yellow leaves floating down like love notes from the Divine, gentle misty spa treatment, soft grey skies of relaxation and warm tea. Beautiful Day.

More Weather tomorrow, y'all, every day until the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment