Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Victoria dulcior

Victoria dulcior quam omne solacium est.

Grayscale Photo of Black and White Arc De Triomphe Street Sign
On our way to Victory. This way to the Arc de triomphe!

Victory is sweeter than any comfort.

Victoria dulcior est: this is the motto for the mission.

I am on a mission to recover, uncover, discover the person that God made me to be. If I am to be an effective witness, I must begin with establishing a firm foundation. How can the dove fly away with no home to rely on. How can the Spirit find a new home within me if I am but a shell of the glory within.

God is no further away than your own heart in which he dwells.



But Mary treasured all these words and pondered them in her heart. (Luke 2:19)


Sometimes at night I crave sweets. Or a snack. Or any food. A little taste of something to calm the restlessness that I feel.

It could be hunger. It could. IT COULD BE!

NO.

It isn't. It is not. I ate sufficiently at dinner, and it isn't hunger. Well, not for food, but rather for the comfort that this kind of food evokes. But it is false. And do you know what is sweeter, tastier, and more satisfying food in the world?

VICTORY.

Victory is sweeter than any comfort! The sweet taste of success of having achieved a goal hard-won. That taste is so sweet. It comes at the price of prayer and sacrifice, of striving with all that is within.

(Welcome Back, everyone. It is time for a little re-boot. Stay tuned for more and regular posting, perhaps a little layout changing. I'm not sure I have any readers, but all are welcome here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment