Saturday, July 14, 2012

Something New

It cannot hurt to try something a little different to shake things up! Welcome to my first friday Weekly Wrap-up...

In my life this week…

We are finally getting ready to settle down after weeks and weeks of upheaval. Bill began a new job over a month ago, but we have yet to take advantage of his ability to be home every weekend. This week we did a lot of activities out of the house and just played catch up on some of the household basics after being gone or gearing up for so long.

In our homeschool this week…

I have been doing planning and reading, getting ready to start our first project. I discovered the world of lapbooks, and we are going to do our first one centered around Trains because we are going as a family to the Day Out with Thomas event in August. I am excited about this project.

An idea, resource or activity that was a big hit...

I have been dreaming of having a piano, a recurring dream that grips me like a Ghost.

(Indigo Girls: "And I start to feel the fever of the warm air through the screen; You come regular like seasons shadowing my dreams.")

But I have a lovely guitar that I have twice started learning how to play but never seen it through. Now is the time. I know I still want us to have a piano, but I really love my guitar and it will suit my purposes just fine. All the other instruments that I play cannot be played while also singing! And I want to play and sing for and with my family.

So I got out the guitar today, and Nico was thrilled. Music adds so much to our lives!

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…

I am new to lap books, but here are some of the links I looked at:
Lapbooking

Mini-books to get you started!

Lapbooking 101

Trains Lapbook

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

We were so glad to have had a wonderful visit with Uncle Kent and Aunt Linda!!

My favorite thing this week was…

My husband coming home for the weekend. It may be a while before that is Not my favorite thing each week!

Things I’m working on…

Getting a better handle on a planning our time so that I get enough rest and work!

I’m grateful for…

Supportive family and friends

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

Cyril and Bill rocking each other to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Deliver best assortment of Farm Fresh Fruits & Dry Fruits products in online at wholesale prices from fruitoye.pk . We provide fast Open Box & Taste It Now Delivery at your door step. Best produce delivery services · Best produce box for saving money.

    ReplyDelete