Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Baby Burrito - Bear

I love knitting.

And knitting is much more fun when I get a chance to share it.

I am expecting baby #2 in November, and I recently realized it was time to begin some baby crafting, and so I chose to make Baby Burrito - Bear. Eventually this post will contain the complete pattern and pictures of my progress, and a demonstration with new baby when he arrives.

The Baby Burrito is like a swaddle for the baby without all the swaddling. It is a body sock. And I'll be making this one with a matching hat with little bear ears, and bear paw stitching on the body.

Please follow my progress on Ravelry: Burrito Baby - Bear Project Page

Speaking of Ravelry, I have only just found this on-line communtiy for Fiber Arts Lovers, and it is great! If you like to knit, crochet, dye, spin, weave, etc. this is a great resource and a great way to meet others. Plus there are themed groups ( I joined one for medievalists, Harry Potter fans, and Doctor Who fans today) and groups by location to help put you in touch with people in your area!

Pattern So Far:

Burrito:

Camus helps with the first stage of Baby Burrito
16" Circular needles size three
Trim color: left-overs, I'm using multicolor white/lt blue/darkblue
Body color: 1 skein ?, I'm using beige.

In Trim Color, Cast On 79
K2P2 (except for last three st in round which wind up being k2p1) for 8 rows
Change color to body Color.
knit every stitch for 1 row
Seed stitch (k1p1) every row (if you knit the stitch in the row before, purl it the next time and vice versa) for 18 inches...... [I'll get there....]

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see how this turns out. Obviously Camus approves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apartment Painting Dubai is the best painting company in Dubai. We offer you flawless wall painting services in Dubai. We give a perfect finish to the interior and exterior. Our PROFESSIONAL Painters in Dubai offers home and villa painting services for 10+ years. Affordable Wall Painting Services by Expert Painters in Dubai for house painting solution in Dubai, villa painting Dubai,
    apartment painting Dubai.

    ReplyDelete